Facility condition assessments (FCAs) are at the core of a good asset management plan, and there are many approaches to forecasting, funding, and implementation of capital projects that will promote optimal facility performance. In this workshop, FEA will address how to align and integrate the assessment process with the desired outcome – a repeatable, fair, and defendable capital budgeting process that will allow you to integrate the results of the assessment with other asset management strategies. FEA can help you identify the right methodology for your organization to develop a solid and defendable capital budget forecast that will:
• Justify short and long-term expenditure
• Build asset inventory databases that allow for more robust maintenance programs
• Evaluate and monitor the backlog of deferred maintenance
• Prioritize capital projects
• Validate the need for specific capital projects
• Provide a methodology for equitable distribution of funds over multiple facilities and stakeholders
Facility owners and managers attending this workshop will learn how to:
1. Understand the challenges of traditional capital program management.
2. Identify appropriate methodologies for assessing facility condition needs.
3. Understand the link between facility mission, design, asset condition, and long term operations and maintenance needs.
4. Learn how to better forecast, fund, and implements capital projects to optimize facility performance.
The output of this workshop is an understanding of the primary capital planning approaches, the rationale behind each, and the advantages and disadvantages. Class attendees will develop an outlined approach tailored to meet their program needs.
Cost: Our workshops are delivered at your facility at the cost of $3,000 per half-day and $5,000 per full day, plus travel expenses for the facilitator.
To schedule, please contact us at 703-591-4855 or email@example.com.