For over 10-years, Facility Engineering Associates (FEA) has provided engineering services to Prince William County Public Schools (PWCPS) under term contracts. Services provided to PWCPS by FEA have included geotechnical, civil, structural, and consulting engineering. The most significant component of the term contract has been roof system replacement design. FEA has provided detailed design plans and roof replacement construction documents, and provided contract administration for a variety of different roof systems for PWCPS. Replacement roof systems have included single-ply reinforced PVC, built-up, two-ply SBS modified bitumen, asphalt shingles, and standing seam metal recovery systems. Construction projects have involved coordination with mechanical renovations, design architects, and implementation of the NRCA/OSHA agreement regarding removal of asbestos containing roofing materials.
To date, FEA has completed roof designs at approximately forty school complexes, with three schools completed in two phases with a total construction cost of over $15 million.
- Evaluate roof systems, including thermo-graphic imaging, nuclear moisture gauge testing, and moisture testing
- Report findings, including opinion of cost for repairs
- Develop specifications for roof system replacement with intensive Owner collaboration and review
- Provide bidding phase services, including contractor qualification checks and addenda preparation
- Conduct meetings between Owner, Contractor, and Engineer throughout the construction project
- Provide on-site review of installed work during the roof replacement projects