Facility Engineering Associates is a leader in state-of-the-art automated Instrumentation & Monitoring (I & M). I & M services help owners, designers, and contractors use accurate measurements of structural and foundation elements to validate design assumptions and assure construction activities are completed without jeopardizing adjacent facilities. We are an industry leader in the practice of offering real-time monitoring results to our clients through the use of web-based applications. It is now possible for all parties involved in a project to view the data collected from a remote site almost instantaneously from offices anywhere in the world via the Internet.
- Geotechnical instrumentation may involve monitoring supports for open excavations, ground water elevations and pore pressures, earth retaining structures, landslides, earth and concrete dams, etc.
- Structural instrumentation may involve monitoring existing structures adjacent to new construction, foundations and underpinning, settlement and/or cracks in walls, beams, columns, etc.
- FEA has applied its monitoring experience and engineering expertise to buildings, bridges, tunnels, railroads, runways, and roads.
Our monitoring services offer condition surveys with digital photographs and digital videos, automated real-time data collection, and web based data reporting. We employ a variety of instruments for monitoring, including:
- Robotic Theodolites
- Crack Gauges and Transducers
- Strain Gauges
- Tilt Sensors
- Standard Surveying Instruments